Feminism. Baseball. Adorable Children. Judaism. Social Justice. Television. Dating? Fun. Not necessarily in that order.
*sees subtly antisemitic shit posted by a popular blogger on my dash but just sighs and scrolls past*
heteronormativity is so weird like yesterday I was at my aunts beach house and some of her in-laws brought over this small baby. and the baby puts it’s hand on it’s brow to keep the sun out of it’s eyes and his father says “look at that! Leon is looking for girls!” Leon is eight months old I don’t think he knows what a girl is yet
relatedly, referring to anything babies and young children do as “flirting” is wrong, inappropriate, and gross.
"You can’t just change the race of cultural icons like Captain America! It’s an important part of their identity and message!"
Jesus: Ah yes.
Jesus: Can’t imagine who would do that.
Jesus: What a shame.
Twelve Steps to Creating a Rape Culture
- Step 1: Tell girls they exist solely for male pleasure.
- Step 2: Tell boys that the more sex they have and girls they exploit, the more masculine they are.
- Step 3: Tell girls they can't actually have sex before marriage or they are unpure, unloveable, and equatable to a chewed-up wad of gum.
- Step 4: Tell boys that they cannot control or make choices about their own sexual urges.
- Step 5: Never mention or give accurate information about consent.
- Step 6: Never mention or give accurate information about contraception.
- Step 7: Call sexually active girls "sluts".
- Step 8: Call sexually active boys "players".
- Step 9: Blame girls for getting pregnant or infected with an STI.
- Step 10: Blame girls when they get raped.
- Step 11: Remind boys that they aren't fully responsible for their actions.
- Step 12: Deny rape culture exists.